Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I acquired a Dynasty stone rub painting from 147 ad. I would…

Customer Question
I acquired a Han...

I acquired a Han Dynasty stone rub painting from 147 ad

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I would like to see what it could be worth

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

No# ***** 12 Han 147 ad info on how it was made and from Leland art house no 31-1 sect 3 Chung Shan n. Road Taipei Taiwan china

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/26/2018
Antique Expert: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 2 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question! These stone rubbings of Han Dynasty stone relief sculptures published by Leland art house were made for mass markets and the value is generally modest: in a nice frame they can sell for $30 to $60 typically.

Again, thank you! Is there any additional information that I can provide? Rating my professionalism using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional. (see: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl)

you are saying it a remake not original

It is a rubbing that was produced in the mid-20th century for American and European retail buyers, so it is not from the Han Dynasty (although it was likely from a Han Dynasty original sculpture).

Hello! I noticed that you haven't yet reviewed the answer that I prepared for you and elected not to rate it.

Could you please either rate using the 5-star system or reply to me with something like, "thank you this was helpful."

Rating using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question.

It does not cost you anything additional.

If you need help rating, please see: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl)

Again, thank you!