Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 2 person glass and boat manufacturer is great state…

Customer Question
I have a 2...

I have a 2 person glass and Wood boat manufacturer is great state group Inc based in GA. I've been searching for days but unable to even find another used or new one

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The boat/dinghy has glass bottom and sides with wood in between as well as all wood front and rear. There are two oars that attach with metal brackets

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I'd say condition is good with no leaks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/25/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I will be happy to help you

Can you send a picture?

I will do some research see if I can find the value for this. It may take me some time but, I will get back with you.

I found the Boat would have been made from 1988-1999, the company : GREAT STATE GROUP, INC. was incorporated on Friday 7th October 1988, and closed on Sunday 4th July 1999

.
This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The 2 Person Glass and Wood Boat, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $3***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction it would sell for a little less, at around $1***-**-****.00 , if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $4000.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $3500.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating..

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.

Thank you
Glenda

I have a follow-up question. The boat actually has plexiglass and not actual Glass.
Hope much if any does this reflect the appraisal?
Also how did you arrive at the appraisal amount, where you able to find one for sale?

It does not effect the value. Appraisers pay to access data bases who track sold values of items, we also pay to access large auction houses across the country to find sold values.

I also contacted some colleagues who work with this type item.

.

.
.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

.
.

Thank you
Glenda