Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old Thai brass with teak handles and dancer on end…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Thai brass with teak wood handles and dancer on end of cutlery. Is in original box and mint condition is a 29 piece. Have had as long as I remember. Can you tell me may be worth?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Made from Thai products Inc. In Bankock Thailand. Still in original box. Was given to me by grandparent that traveled and was wealthy man. I've had this for years and it has always been in box and is not tarnished at all. I am not sure if brass or gold.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Says Siam on end of handle under figure

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/25/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I will be happy to help you

I do not want to join just seeking answer to this question

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Siam Flatware Set ( Thailand ) in original box, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $300.00-350.00 if sold at an auction it would sell for a little less,at around $150.00-175.00 , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $350.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $350.00
.

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating..

Is $34 ALL I WILL BE BILLED. I DO NOT WANT A MONTHLY FEE

As long as you did not join then there is no monthly charge

Did you see your answer?