Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a watercolor on cork, entitled "Oriental Splendor".

Customer Question
I have a Chan...

I have a Chan watercolor on cork, entitled "Oriental Splendor". Does it have any value. Also have an Anthony Sidoni litho " Blowing the Shofar" Both pieces are numbered and have CoA.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

That's all. Both from Royal Arts ltd. Purchased about 30 years ago

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
4/3/2018
Antique Expert: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 3 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question! Without seeing the image of the Chan I'm not sure - there are many Asian artists with that name and works under that title. The Anthony Sidoni lithograph entitled "Blowing the Shofa" from the numbered edition (or an artist proof) generally sells for $40 to $60 in venues like online auctions. If you provide me more information on the Chan (or an image of the work and the CoA) I'll provide further guidance on that.

Again, thank you! Let me know if I can be of further help and please rate my professionalism using the 5-star system.

Hello! Following-up because I saw you reviewed the answer I prepared for you but you elected not to rate it or provide information on the Chan painting. Is there any additional information that I can provide?

Rating using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional.

Again, thank you!