Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have a 1828 cross stitch sampler made by a 9 year old…

Customer Question
We have a 1828...

We have a 1828 cross stitch sampler made by a 9 year old girl in New York City, Mary Voorhees by name - we were just wondering if there was any value in it. It has some wearing of the fabric but the poem and other designs are all readable. It had been mounted and framed professionally .

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

We also have 2 beaded purses made by the same person 1833 - 1843....they appear to be in excellent condition and have also been professionally mounted and framed.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

Please tell me the approximate sizes in inches.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the items.

Please send a photo of the marks, labels and/or words on the items.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Thank you for the information but I need photos of the purses and the sampler, please.

Your payment for a phone call failed.

But please know,

I do not participate in the phone call services. The ad for a call was auto-generated by the site, not me.
I will still continue to work with you in writing an answer you can print out at no extra cost.

Please send pictures of the sampler and bags.