Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Value of a 1979 RC Gorman print

Customer Question
Value of a 1979 RC Gorman print
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
4/3/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Ok

Thank you for your patience.

You have a signed and numbered limited edition print by RC Gorman from 1979 that is entitled Zia (bowl).

At auction, this has sold for $400 - $600.

This being offered on ebay and bonanza with an 'asking price' of over $6000; bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records. There is also one being offered for $2800 on Art Brokerage.

If you were to sell this, you can realistically expect to garner $400 - $600 on today's market. You can, however, ask any price you please on any item you own, the key factor being finding a buyer at your pricepoint.

You will now please need to take a moment to leave a rating for my services here to you by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora