Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

A sterling silver desk set grouping includes two trinket…

Customer Question
A sterling silver desk set...
A sterling silver desk set grouping includes two trinket dishes, designed with heavily embossed floral rim and monogram to center, manufactured by J.F. Caldwell & Co., a pencil tray with embossed edge and monogram to center, manufactured by Bailey Banks & Biddle, and a letter clip with embossed edge and monogram to center, also manufactured by Bailey Banks & Biddle. Each bear marker’s marks to underside along with “Sterling”. Total approximate weight 11.156 ozt.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
4/2/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the items.

Please send a photo of the marks, labels and/or words on the items.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

thank you

You are welcome.

Did you see my detailed request for photos?

I tried but it didn’t work. But thank you

Please send your photos the email method.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to ***@******.*** with the following EXACT information.

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your site user name and real name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same email address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours or more.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris