Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I need an appraisal on a 1930's partners desk. Would you…

Customer Question
I need an appraisal...

I need an appraisal on a 1930's partners desk.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Would you need me to send a picture and description or would you come to look at it?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

7-foot partners desk from the 1030's. Intricate carvings and designs. Honey-blond solid oak. New inlaid leather top.Excellent condition.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
4/2/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

Please tell me the approximate size in inches.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the desk.

Please send a photo of the marks, labels and/or words on the desk.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris