Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

4/2/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 3 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Is this marked?

if they had markings i would have told you - i know the drill - please connect me to another appraiser.

Hello

I am sorry I did not mean to offend you, I have no idea if a customer knows the drill or not, we are not allowed to see customers accounts. Appraisers are taught to ask all pertinent questions in order to obtain the correct value for the customers, without asking we cannot discern what a value will be, we are suppose to ask for any marks, sizes, how items are put together, such as this firetruck the type of screw will determine the value, because that will show if it is a old one or one of the reproduction ones. So as I said I am sorry I asked you what I am suppose to ask, I did not mean to offend you by doing my job as I am trained to do.

Glenda

Glenda,I had a question recently regarding a carved lacquered screen that you blieved to be ivory or soap stone and started the lecture about ivory.....long story short you indicated that would no longer justanswer my questions - i am fine with that Nora answered that question and the carvings were neither ivory nor soap stone so I was surprised when you answered this question.

Hello

I had the mods see what questions I had done for you previously, this is the list of those questions:

I have some fake pumpkins that appear to be either resin or JACUSTOMER-vx779adl- $18.00 Positive Rating Received 8/27/2017 4:42 PM by you

I have two paintings that are signed. One is titled Winter JACUSTOMER-vx779adl- $18.00 Positive Rating Received 8/13/2017 10:46 AM by you

Two Ansel Adams photos - one show the area before the Golden JACUSTOMER-vx779adl- $20.02 Positive Rating Received 9/6/2017 3:56 PM by you

We have some fresh water pearl necklace and earrings that JACUSTOMER-vx779adl- $20.03 Positive Rating Received 9/24/2017 3:23 PM by you

I have a pitcher small ceramic that is 4.5" tall and about JACUSTOMER-vx779adl- $20.03 Positive Rating

Received 9/24/2017 1:29 PM by you

Royal Doulton Tobacco Jar Royal Doulton Tankard Royal JACUSTOMER-vx779adl- $18.00 Positive Rating Received 10/6/2017 2:02 PM by you

.

I have a small disc graphophone that measures box...9 7/8 JACUSTOMER-vx779adl- $18.00 Timed Out 10/15/2017 3:26 PM by you

We have a clown that is 16" with no markings or labels JACUSTOMER-vx779adl- $18.00 Positive Rating Received 4/1/2018 9:38 AM by you

.

Here is the question you are talking about, this was done by Doris, then answered by Nora

I had nothing to do with this question.

https://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/f0edcac19a064acd874402916226e399#re.v/2166/

It doesn't matter - we are not a fit. So please send my question to someone else - thanks.

Wow, ok. It really did matter to me, I would never ever tell a customer I was not going to do their questions again, nor would I lecture a customer, so I wanted to clear my name on that issue. Just to let you know it is best if you want a specific expert you ask for them by name otherwise anyone can pick them up when they show up on the board.

You will have to re ask this one, we are not allowed to send questions to other experts, the site does not allow this.

Have a Blessed Evening,

Sorry I was not a fit

Glenda

Thanks

you are welcome