Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

FOUND A DRAWING ON THE BACK OF A BOX TOP, APPEARS VERY OLD,

Customer Question
FOUND A DRAWING ON...

FOUND A DRAWING ON THE BACK OF A BOX TOP, APPEARS VERY OLD , OF A YOUNG MAN, POSSIBLY AN INDIAN, TRYING TO RESTRAIN A HORSE. BEAUTIFUL DRAWING. SIGNATURE MIGHT BE A CIRCLE WITH INITIALS BG INSIDE

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

THAT EXPLAINS IT.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
4/2/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 5 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I wanted to Search Artist signatures, not appraise art work

We can do that for you and let you know whether it is a listed artist or not.

This is why the photos are necessary.