Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an 9 ft solid natural mahogany mid century conference…

Customer Question
I have an 9...

I have an 9 ft solid natural mahogany mid century conference table and 6 natural cherry wood lawyer’s chairs, all in excellent condition with only minor surface wear. I am ready to sell the set but don’t know how much to price it or where to sell it it get to the right kind of buyer. What do you suggest?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I couldn’t find the maker’s name on the table. I can send you pictures if there is a way to attach them. The table is very heavy and solid.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
4/2/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

A 1960's mahogany conference table and 6 cherry lawyer's chairs

has a value of $800 to $1000 for the table and $75 each for the chairs.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.