Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have my mothers tea set 6 piece which includes cup saucer…

Customer Question
I have my mothers...

I have my mothers tea set 6 piece which includes cup saucer and plate.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

On the base is written SAjI Made in Japan FIne China 11052 Could you give me some idea of its value please.Thanx Dolores

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is in good condition - each setting features a different bird ie Hummingbird etc.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
4/2/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

Please list the items in your tea set and how many of each there are.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the ONE plate showing the pattern.

Please send a photo of the marks, labels and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

There are 6 Cups, 6 Saucers and 6 Breas & Butter Plates - each setting features a different bird variety such as a Humming Bird, Blue Bird, Red Robin etc - these may not be the offical species names but are my guesses. The pieces are in good condition and are scalloped shaped and gilt edge. Dolores

Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Kind regards,
Doris