Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a couple of small paintings on a slab, and I’m

Customer Question

I have a couple of small paintings on a wood slab, and I’m curious as to who the artists were, and if they are of any value.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The paintings look like they are of European style. I cannot make out the signatures, but I can send you a picture of the paintings, and a closer shot of their signatures.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I bought these at an estate sale in Beverly Hills about 30 years ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 7 months ago.

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

.
If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.
Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the messsage area.
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I cannot read the artist 's name it is not clear on my end, can you tell me what it says?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cannot decipher it either, that’s why I am asking for an expert’s opinion.

Hello

This is common to not be able to read an artist's signature, we see this hundreds of times aday, that does not mean the art does not have value, paints such as this where you cannot decipher the signature are valued and listed as unknown artist. There are thousands of paintings like that. I can get the value for you for what the painting is, the subject matter, oil, quality ( which is very good ), I just cannot tell you who painted it. I will need the size?