Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I want to know if autographed pictures of famous people are…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know if autographed pictures of famous people are worth anything.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Not sure what you are asking.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

They are autographed by ***** ***** and ***** *****. Not sure the year - maybe 1940's or 1950's.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question

Yes, autographed photos of famous people have value.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Thank you for the response Doris. It might take me a few days but I will send you pictures of everything you requested along with measurements. None of the photos are in frames I might add. I look forward to working with you on this.
Pat

Pat, just come back to this thread. Do not start a new question or you will charged twice.

There is no hurry at this end.

Thank you Doris!

You are welcome.