Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have several items that I would like to find the value of…

Customer Question
I have several items that...
I have several items that I would like to find the value of one is an old Tiffany style lamp the other is an old picture of horses also a 15 piece German spice set and a old oak chest of draws
Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
4/2/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 18 days ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 17 days ago

I'd be happy to give a geberal value of these items you've listed;

1) Tiffany style lamp, 1970's, valued at $200

2) vintage print of horses, framed, valued at $40 to $60

3) 15-piece German spice set, 1930's, valued at $250 to $325

4) Oak chest of drawers, circa 1910, valued at $100 to $175 depending on number of drawers and w/ w/o a mirror.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
The Tiffany lamp and the pictures of horses are both over 100 years old does that effect there value also the oak chest has 5 drawers and no mirror

You are welcome to add photos. This would change the value.

Here are a few different options for sending pictures. The availability of each feature depends on which browser
(Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) you are using and whether you are on a desktop or a phone.

1) Use the +Add Files feature next to the red SEND button on in the area where you write back to me
to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.

2) Use the paperclip icon above the texting area where you reply.
The photos will upload when you add at least one word in the text box.
You won't see the photo, but the paperclip will turn green.

3) You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I did send photos yesterday maybe you have not received them yet. thanks Jim

There are no pictures here or in my email for a new item yet. If you sent them in email, be sure you followed

those instructions to send to***@******.*** and to put ForCustomerin Antiques

in the subject line.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I did that but will resend them. thanks Jim
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 16 days ago

Just an update. Nothing here yet. I will contact support today and ask them to look.

I did send an offer on your screen to text pictures to my phone if that is more convenient for you.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I don't text

That is fine. I just wanted to give you all options.

I am waiting to hear back from support about your photos.

Expert support only has photos of those other bisque figurines that we have already completed and no photos of these items.

Do try again to email the pictures to***@******.*** with
will forward them to me

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Okay I have sent them again. thanks Jim

Great! I'll keep in touch.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Sorry I never did get an answer I sent photos 4 times you told me you did not receive them so until I get an estimated valve I can't give you rating. thanks Jim
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 15 days ago

I still have not received any photos.

I will contact customer service again.

All they have is the bisque figurine photo and can find no others from you.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
I will trying sending the photos one more time , you need a rating but until I get a value on the item the rating is not going to be good. thanks Jim
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
check for photos
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 13 days ago

nothing here yet.

Rarewares
Rarewares