Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Can I send you a picture and see what you can tell me about…

Customer Question
Can I send you...

Can I send you a picture and see what you can tell me about it

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a picture, wood on the back, metal on the front, it's got a picture of a boy and a girl on it. It says ART EXHIBIT KEANE 494... SAN FRANCISCO. The writing is backwards, so if you look at it in the mirror it reads right.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

That is all I know

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Antiques
4/1/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 21 days ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I can not figure out how to send a picture
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
20180331_202735
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I'm not sure what I did there

Here are a few different options for sending pictures. The availability of each feature depends on which browser
(Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) you are using and whether you are on a desktop or a phone.

1) Use the +Add Files feature next to the red SEND button on in the area where you write back to me
to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.

2) Use the paperclip icon above the texting area where you reply.
The photos will upload when you add at least one word in the text box.
You won't see the photo, but the paperclip will turn green.

3) You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
When will you be able to call me

I don't personally use the phone service, another
Expert may be able to fulfill that separate request but I'm
happy to continue corresponding with you in writing here on the page.

I did not get any photos of this piece, so do try again using the instructions that I added last evening.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Im just going to email you the pictures. Since I'm going to do it that way I do have two of those plaques it what ever they are, for you to look at, is that ok, or will it cost more to do both?

I will cover both in this question for you since they are similar items.

Sending pictures via email will take a bit but I will let support know to send to me as well.

Thank you for your patience!

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Thank you, I really want to send them this way but I just can't figure it out, what you told me didn't help
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Hey, I noticed in my bank account, you charged me for the phone call but you didn't call me!

It shows that the phone request is open meaning no Expert accepted it, so you were not charged for a phone call. I do not know much more than that.

The experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.

I would suggest that you contact customer service (should be in the site map at the bottom)

to inquire about a charge that you do not recognize.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
IMG_1522551047729

This is a copper printing plate for an art exhibit at The Keane Eyes Gallery

in San Francisco. Margaret Keane was a known artist famous for paintings of big-eyed

children. Her family runs the gallery now which has moved to

Larkin Street in San Francisco.

This printing plate dates to the 1980's and has a value of $60 to $80 resale.

You might contact the gallery and they could be interested.

Phone: +1(###) ###-####/a>
Email:***@******.***

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 20 days ago

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.

Rarewares
Rarewares