Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What is the value of The Knave of Hearts? What is the value…

Customer Question
What is the value...

What is the value of The Knave of Hearts?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

What is the value of the book "The Knave of Hearts"?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is in excellent condition but does not include the box

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/31/2018
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 5 months ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi.

.

Do yo mean you have the folio version that came in a box like this?

.

https://imgur.com/a/jzpXM

.

Can you tell me a bit more about your edition? Is the publisher listed? What is the copyright date on your copy?

~Diana

That is the exact book I'm asking about.

Great. I thought it might be, but I just wanted to be sure.

.

That's a fantastic edition. It's considered a folio edition and features about 26 gorgeous illustrations by Maxfield Parrish. The first edition was published by Scribner's Sons in 1925. It was bound in cloth and came in a matching pictorial box.

.

With the box, it's can be worth just about $5000. Without the box, it's worth about $3000 to $3500.

.

If you do decide to sell it, I'd contact vintage book shops in your area. You might also check with local antique stores. There are a number of collectors that deal in books. You might try finding an antique bookseller in your area: https://www.abaa.org/booksellers

.

To be completely honest, you'll definitely get a higher value by selling it yourself.
.
If you want to try selling your book yourself, I highly recommend checking out Etsy, Barnes and Nobles Marketplace and Amazon's Marketplace. They are great sources for selling and they do handle worldwide sales.

You can also check into:Albris or Biblio. Albris actually has one of the best price rates out there, but Biblio tends to get more customer traffic.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great evening.
~Diana

Hi. I was just touching base to see if you need anything else? I noticed you viewed my answer. Is there a problem with my answer or anything else I can help with? I welcome any and all feedback.

Best Wishes,
Diana