Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Ookong to find the value of 2- Simpson & Co pieces I found…

Customer Question
Ookong to find the...

Ookong to find the value of 2- Simpson Hall Miller & Co pieces I found in a storage locker.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

1 is a SHM & Co Quadruple plate "bucket"with 520 stamped on bottom by the makers mark. The handle of the bucket looks like a "stick" but is metl. There is a bird on the edge of the bucket and leaf on the other side. On the face of the bucket there is a salamander and a frog

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The other is some sort of tray.....with a fancy swirly design and hammered look. There are 2 owls standing below a "stick" design of metal the tray has "79

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question

Please tell me the approximate sizes in inches.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the items.

Please send a photo of the marks. labels and/or words on the items.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

I was incorrect about the markings. The bucket is stamped "79" and the tray is stamped "520".
The bucket is approx. 5" or so tall then the handle adds another 4"-5" to that. The tray is approx. 7"-8" somewhat round.
silver1.pngsilver1.pngsilver2.pngsilver2.pngsilver3.pngsilver3.pngsilver4.pngsilver4.pngsilver5.pngsilver5.pngsilver6.pngsilver6.pngsilver7.pngsilver7.pngsilver8.pngsilver8.png
I have to step away but will check back latrer, or you can email me as well info (at) covertaire (dot) com

There are several pics of the "tray" that came through to this end; however, none of the bucket came through.

Please resend those of the bucket.