Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have one more item. It is a silver plated Urn. It stands…

Customer Question
Hi Diane,I have one more...
Hi Diane,I have one more item. It is a silver plated Urn. It stands about 25 inches tall and came with the "Burner" as shown. The burner fits under it in an area the size of the burner. The only hallmarks I found is the one on the lip of the top of the urn and the same hallmark is stamped on the "burner" itself.
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Antiques
urn5.jpgurn5.jpgurn 8.jpgurn 8.jpgurn 7.jpgurn 7.jpgurn 1.jpgurn 1.jpgurn3.jpgurn3.jpgurn 9.jpgurn 9.jpg
3/31/2018
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 23 days ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi!

That's an interesting mark. I'll be glad to take a look and see what I can find.

~Diana

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you!
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 20 days ago

Hi!

I wish I had better news on the maker for this one. I can't find any maker that had a hallmark quite like the P on yours. With a stamped mark rather than a letter set in a recessed shape, that's more of a 20th century style design. Between that and the style of your piece, it should date to the early 20th century.

.

It's a large hot water urn or samovar in a bit of an ornate Rococo style. It sits on pierced metal base with what looks like paw feet. The main part of the urn features what looks like a chased floral and scroll design. It has two scrolled handles with a complimentary scroll design inside the handle. It has what kind of resembles a shell-like handle and spout.

.

It's a gorgeous piece. Even though it's silverplate, it should still be worth about $450 to $550.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great evening.
~Diana

Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 17 days ago

Hi. I was just touching base to see if you need anything else? I noticed you viewed my answer. Is there a problem with my answer or anything else I can help with? I welcome any and all feedback.

Best Wishes,
Diana

Diana F.
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser