Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a bedroom set that I need to find out how much it is…

Customer Question
Hello! I have a...

Hello! I have a bedroom set that I need to find out how much it is worth. I have been told that it is Pulaski brand but I'm not sure

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The footboard has lion's paws at the base where it touches the floor, 4 poster bed, 2 carved wooden lion heads with metal rings through their mouth, 1 on each door of the dresser which is about 7 feet wide and has a curved top mirror with detailed carving. Dresser also has the lion's feet for the base

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There is a lot of detailed carving throughout each piece. The dresser and 2 nightstands have what appears to be some sort of marble tops. There are 4 total pieces: the bed(headboard and footboard), dresser with mirror, 2 nightstands

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/31/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the items, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I got the dresser with mirror photo. I see that you can get to the back in this garage. Look in the drawers and on the back for stencil marks, writing or labels.

I see that you can get to the back of items in this warehouse. Look in the drawers and on the backs for stencil marks, writing or labels.

These pieces belong to me and I have looked in the past and haven't been able to find any markings on them but I will go to my shop shortly and look again. I have been told they are Pulaski brand and need to know what brand and how much they are worth

Great, that is important and sounds like what I was thinking because the set does not look to

be antique, but a revival style. So, I will wait until you take a look now that you know where to look. I have a similar set by Universal Furniture and they have a label in the top upper left drawer wall. Let me know how you've had the set, too. That will also help.

I got it a couple of years ago, it was used but don't know how old. I'll let you know what I find when I get to the shop
I did not find a label on any of the pieces. The only markings I found were the number 7 on the back inside wall of the dresser on the left side and on the bottom of one of the nightstand drawers was AS3. Both are hand-written in lettering about 2 inches tall

This is late 1990's to early 2000's era Edwardian style carved bedroom set with black marble topped nighstands , four poster bed and long dresser with mirror and carved lions with rings on the doors, attributed to Pulaski Furniture of Virginia.

The value of this set is

$2200 for the bed(headboard and footboard),

$2000 for the dresser with mirror,

$600 each for the 2 nightstands

I wish it were more, but this style is currently not getting what you and I would consider a fair price on the secondary market.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.