Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Looking for Meito fine china japan ionic, history if

Customer Question
Looking for Meito fine...

Looking for Meito fine china japan ionic, history if possible

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Found some fine china Meito fine china japan ionic, would like to know worth.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Have several different pieces, not a complete set. in very good condition no chips or crazes.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/31/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 5 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?
If so, then -
Please send ONE photo of ONE plate showing the pattern.
Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.
If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.
An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

"Complete Sets" come in many different sizes.
Please tell me the following -
How many people does your set serve? (These are called place settings.)
How many pieces does each person have?
What serving pieces are there? These can add as much as 30% to the value of a set.

!!!!!Please do not send photos of the whole set. I cannot tell what pieces are in a set via such a photo!!!!

Kind regards,
Doris