Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I own a 8000 sq.ft. &. I am closing business and retiring. I…

Customer Question
My name is*****...

My name is***** I own a 8000 sq.ft. B&B. I am closing business and retiring. I have several valuable antiques that I would appreciate having an appraisal done. Is this something you can help me with? website is lakemanorwv/com phone is(###) ###-####

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Did you receive my message?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

It is a beautiful place!

What are your plans for what you want to do with all of the contents?

~Nora

I would like a phone call but not for a charge of $34.00. How long do you think it should take for you to send a type written response to my question?

This is a situation that would really warrant a phone call.

I will not spend any more money until I have some sort of written communication from you so I know that your service is legitimate. After all I have just given you my credit card information to a stranger.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Hello Nora, I do not care if you are an employee or not I just would like some helpful information or communication of some kind in writing so we can begin a dialogue.

Ok.

Your original query is that you are seeking an appraisal of the contents of the 8000sf B&B.

It will be helpful to understand the purpose for your needing an appraisal, especially of this magnitude.

Would this be for the purposes of selling the contents? Knowing the value for insurance? Donation or to record it for estate inheritance. These various needs, each warrant a different type of appraisal.

If we can begin the dialogue by you expounding on the scope of work you are seeking, this would be the best start.

~Nora

Hi Nora, I am closing my business and would like to send pictures of just three valuable items to you for an appraisal that your company advertises that you can provide. Just an estimate of value for a sale to a potential customer would be requested. Can you provide this service?

Thank you for clarifying, as your original query seemed to imply needing a valuation on the contents of the estate

Yes, I can provide an assessment for each individual item.

We will need to start with just one on this question thread.

To add images, there may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thanks Nora, I need to take the pictures and send them to you tomorrow. How can I get back to you then? Please and thank you

When you sign in to the site, the question will show as open and pending.

Any time is fine, no rush. There is not a time limit here.

~Nora

Thanks will communicate tomorrow.

Sounds good