Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a bronze statue by Fairbanks, son of avard, a boy…

Customer Question
I have a bronze...

I have a bronze statue by Justin Fairbanks, son of avard, a boy riding on dolphin, the only one in bronze featured in Eugene Fairbanks and avard book sculptures of the fantasy garden. It has a beautiful patina, done in 1960.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is in excellent condition

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I am working on a picture but I have confirmed with the Avard Fairbanks grandson that it is a bronze by Justin Fairbanks son of Avard Fairbanks. Justin's son Daniel has the original mold and one plaster version. He knows of two other like it, one his stepmother has and the other a family in Spain has it and I have the other, so a total of 3 bronze, boy on dolphin statues by Justin exist. The grandson wants to purchase this from me but He wants me to get an appraisal from someone else. Obviously he wasn't as famous as his father Avard, but helped his father in many of his sculptures. I don't have the book by Avard that the picture is in but I bet you could find it. So tell me what you can find out on value.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Great