Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My cousin has several brass rubbings which she and her

Customer Question
Hello, My cousin has...

Hello, My cousin has several brass rubbings which she and her husband did all over Europe. I would like to get one but want to pay her for it. One in particular was done in a Luxembourg church (mid 1300's). Could you possibly give me a value as to what I should pay? Thank you!

Expert's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Antiques Appraiser's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Thank you for your reply! Do you have any suggestions as to how to frame them? Is framing a special process?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/29/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora