Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Hampdom DueberSpecial Pocket Watch Serial #936648.

Customer Question
I have a Hampdom...

I have a Hampdom DueberSpecial Pocket Watch Serial #936648. Is it worth anything?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It has an achor engraved within A figure. It is gold colored and is enscribed inside one cover "To Worth twenty first birthday from Mama and Papa 1903"

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/29/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomer

This is an 1895 Hampden Dueber size 18s gold-filled hunter case pocket watch

with a grade 44, 16-jewel movement and a 1903 inscription. The value of this watch is

$225 to $300 resale in working condition and $150 to $175 in non-working condition.

Most old pocket watches just need a $50 cleaning and oiling to get going again.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.