Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 2 original etchings that I just purchased. It came…

Customer Question
Hi I have 2...

Hi I have 2 original etchings that I just purchased. It came with a certificate of authentication and a number on the back as well as a print number and signature from the artist. I cant read the artists signature and they dont appear to be named

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I was wondering if you might be able to tell me who the artist is if I supply what appears to be a serial number

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
The serial numbers on the back are 81208, its etching 48/750 and the picture is an old ship next to snowy building labled M.T. Tobias & Co. Ans the other etching is serial number 81216. 100/750. It is a picture of an old ship sailing into port, a woman and child are on the dock and a ma smoking a pipe is walking to the dock as well. Both pictures are done by the same artist, though I cant read the signature.
3/29/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

just a follow up to see if you will be able to add pictures?