Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 3 Beswick figurines by Beatrice Potter Tabititha

Hello I have 3...

Hello I have 3 Beswick figurines by Beatrice Potter Tabititha Twichett,Poorly Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny and would like to know the alue of them

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They are signed by maxwell O? (Cant) figure out last name.on Sept 17 1979

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

They are in very good condition in same box. some have dates 1961,and 191974

3/28/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Thank you for the request

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
Tabititha Twichett, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $140.00-155.00, Poorly Peter Rabbit

$120.00-125.00, Benjamin Bunny -$105.00-110.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for about 30% higher, depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for Tabititha Twichett, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $140.00 Poorly Peter Rabbit $120.00 Benjamin Bunny -$105.00

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating..

Hello

I did not opt out of this, here is your answer.

.

.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

i sent a picture of the signature can you tell me who that is and if it has any significance on the value?

This has no added value, and this is not an official mark by the maker. This mark was added after the Company made this, it looks to be the date it was given as a gift, we see were a lot of people mark items they got as gifts or when they purchased them as memento's of a place they have been. Someone painted this on there. Here are their backstamps as they come from the company: https://www.boxofporcelain.com/Beatrix/Backstamps.htm

.

.
.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
thank you

You are very welcome, if you need anything else feel free asking " For Glenda "

Hope you have a great weekend.

Glenda