Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have my mothers glass collection Some of it is crinkled…

I have my mothers...

I have my mothers glass collection Some of it is crinkled looking. Some are purple or red or yellow. Any way I can see if they have any value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

One is marked e.r. Durkee New York

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The others have no makings 4-5 inches tall vase

3/28/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Are there sets of glass or all individual pieces?

~Nora

Individual. I could send a photo

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thank you for the image.

This is a collection of various hand blown decorative glassware pieces by various makers and mostly all from the 20th century.

The 'crinkled' glass is referred to as 'crackle' glass. The purple bottle with stopper is done in a form shape called "Michelin Man".

The market is a bit slumped on these and you could expect to garner between $10 - $20 per piece.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Thank you. All stars

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora

I will be happy to help with additional items, however, you will please need to start a new question thread for each individual item.

feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora