Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am interested in getting an appraisal on an antique etched…

I am interested in...

I am interested in getting an appraisal on an antique etched floral crystal vase

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It's very heavy, seems art deco

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Tall rectangular

3/28/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Nora
Phone call session started

Thank you for the images.

Please also add a photo of the underside of the vase.

~Nora

I'm trying to add photo but not get proper prompt. When I click +add files, it just list java script and open neither of which allows me to access my gallery

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

I emailed it

Great, thank you

Did you receive the photo of bottom of vase which I emailed?

Yes, I have received your images and thank you for your patience.

You have an early 20th century, about 1900 - 1905 (prior to the Art Deco era) ABP, or American Brilliant Period, glass flower vase that was mold blown, with surface cit decoration and polished bottom. When the ABP market was waning at the beginning of the 20th century, manufacturers produced wares that were a mix of mold blown with surface cut decoration, this allowed for higher and faster output of product. There were hundreds of makers in the US and unless marked, the maker cannot be definitively stated.

A high fair market value for your vase is $60 - $90 on today's market.

~Nora

Thanks

You are very welcome