Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have twelve place settings of Rosenthal Royal Velvet china…

Customer Question
I have twelve place...

I have twelve place settings of Rosenthal Royal Velvet china used once for a bridal shower. How do I go about selling it? Thanks, Donna

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have several place settings of Rosenthal China patern Royal Velvet that I would like to sell? Where do I begin? Thanks Donna

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I bought it 60 years for a bridal shower

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/28/2018
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 5 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures?

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

Alternately, you can upload them to the free site www.imgur.com and post the link here.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

I'm at work so I'll have to complete this on the weekend.

That's fine, I can come back then, unless you happen to know the specific pattern?

White velvet

Thanks! I'm logged off at the moment and on my phone, but I'll look this up for you later tonight.

Jennifer

THanks for your patience.

A reputable vintage china dealer would resell this set in the range of $600.00 - $800.00.

As an individual, you can expect to achieve around 40% of that, either selling via classified or selling to a dealer for resale.

You can try selling locally, through a Facebook Marketplace group, or on Etsy.

Or you can sell to a dealer like Replacements.com. That's usually the easiest option.

https://www.replacements.com/sell-to-us/

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Is there a charge for my question? It really is of no help. Donna

I'm sorry that it's of no help. Exactly what sort of help were you looking for? I'm happy to continue working with you.

My understanding was that you were looking for selling options. In my opinion, Replacements.com would be the best option for this particular china. Were you looking for more selling options? I can pull some others for you.

Please keep in mind that this is an appraisal service only--we do not buy and sell, nor do we broker sales.

Jennifer