Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a bronze N SILVER REPLICA OF THE Loeds Supper ibelive…

Customer Question
I have a bronze...

I have a bronze N SILVER REPLICA OF THE Loeds Supper ibelive it to be be around 1812 era identification to me looks like oblong boat or knife Like to know value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I am 60 yrs old I have had it 45 yrs given to be by a great aynt, i was told by her that her grand mother brought to america with her I found that she came to america around 1860 an was given to her by her mother

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have TTEMPTED TO FIND a similar piece an have never found one or seen one

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

There is one image showing here on this end, thank you. Please also add some clear, in-focus close-ups and a view of the backside.

~Nora

Send+ Add files
WIN_20180209_15_2WIN_20180209_15_26_28_Pro.jpg6_28_ProWIN_20180209_15_26_3WIN_20180311_13_46_37_Pro.jp1_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180209_15_26_28_Pro.jpgWIN_201...jpgWIN_20180209_15_26_28_Pro.jpgWIN_201...jpgWIN_20180209_15_26_31_Pro.jpgWIN_201...jpgWIN_20180311_13_46_37_Pro.jpgWIN_201...jpg

From the images attached here, this appears to be molded ceramic with a silver type glaze and not cast metal. Can you confirm the material?

~Nora

the back is all silverit is hard to see inscription an plus it is not english

Please add clear, in-focus close-ups of the inscription you mention.

~Nora

Ok I will try to get better clear picture but I don’t think it will show up I usually use maginfy glass to see it

If you need to wait for help with a camera with higher pixels, there is not a time limit here. Any time is fine.

Thank you I will take picture tomorrow in sunlight really curious to figure find out who made it there signature

Great, I will look forward to more images tomorrow. ~Nora

Is it common for artist to sign using a symboli instead of signature

A symbol would be more indicative of a manufacturer than an artist.

~Nora

Ok thanks I will send pics tomorrow but will mostly take it on up to the museum they offer 75,0000 I just want to know if it a davinci or not for genealogy purpose thanks for your time

It is based on Da Vinci's Last Supper, however the piece that you have is a replica and was not personally made by Da Vinci.

~Nora