Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Got a chair from a garage sale, trying to find out what I…

Hello,got a chair from...

Hello,got a chair from a garage sale, trying to find out what I have

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have picture and number on the metal

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It has" two "handles?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please also add a full view of the chair that you have. ~Nora

Nora
Phone call session started

Thank you for the image.

This is an early 20th century Barber's Chair by Koken.

On today's market, in good working condition, this could sell for $2000 - $4000.

You may want to start with contacts on this site to learn about finding parts and restoration:

http://www.oldbarberchair.com/restoration-tips.html

Please let me know if you have additional questions on this chair.

~Nora

How do i know the parts will fit

I provide valuations; conservation, repair and build of barber chairs are not in my wheelhouse.

Your best first step for such would be to go to this site and forums for barber chair repair:

~Nora