Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I do not expect to hear from you until tomorrow. I just have…

I do not expect to...
I do not expect to hear from you until tomorrow. I just have a little time tonight to post my request for an appraisal. I purchased a nice crock recently. A 2 gallon crock stamped with the number 2 and the Western Pottery Co. Made in Denver on one side. It has a tiny crack on the back which goes thru to the inside. I’d like to sell it in my shop and need to know where to price it. Thanks in advance
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpg
For Glenda Only
3/28/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Good Morning

Hello

Here is some history ***** ***** of Steubenville, Ohio, founded the Lonhuda Pottery Company in 1892. In 1900 he moved to Denver, Colorado, and organized the Denver Pottery Company. This pottery, which used the mark Denver, worked until 1905 when Long moved to New Jersey and founded the Clifton Pottery. Long also worked for Weller Pottery, Roseville Pottery, and American Encaustic Tiling Company. Pieces with the Denver mark date back to the early 20th century.

This 2 Gallon Crock, is valued at $140.00-145.00.

.

It was a pleasure working for you.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser