Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have one side board,one table with 8 chairs (the chairs…

Customer Question
I have one side...

I have one side board,one table with 8 chairs (the chairs have red leather seat and back. Also with this set is a china cabinet(rounded). The tag on the back saids, Frank M Randall,high grade furniture 125 e. 42nd st New York. This belonged to my great grandfather whom was a Doctor and owned 12,000 acres of land. It has very fine cravings on all pieces .The furniture I am told was produced around 1885,this is not for sure. Dr Oates lived in Alabama and had the best of every thing. What do you think with this limited information. Thanks a bunch Wyatt Oates

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Has lion heads on it and the center pedestal of table opens up to expand the table.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/27/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
I can help quite easily if you can add photos. Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload pictures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next. Look under the table, under chairs, on the back of buffet or china cabinet and in drawers for any maker's marks or labels.

I told you the maker was Frank M Randall company in New York. It also had on one piece the number 230 on each piece.
I am not paying 34.00 to talk. With the information you have,what do you think?
Any answer to my questions?

Frank M. Randall High Grade Furniture operated on east 42nd street in New York from

1880 to 1904. Most of his piece were quarter sawn oak with carvings. A set of circa 1885 dining room furniture has a value of

$2500 for the table and chairs, $1500 for the sideboard and $1800 for the curved curio or china cabinet.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.