Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old "Chicago vintage AM-FM-SW Record player" from…

I have an old...

I have an old "Chicago vintage AM-FM-SW Record player" from either 40's or 50's era, it has a shiny material maybe laminate. it has a front pull down door with storage on the left side and record player on the right side. The unit needs some work about 50% cosmetically and I'm sure 100% electronically. I was wondering if it had any value, before I have it worked on and updated. which way to go.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

I've sent this pics, if you need any other angles let me know.
Record Player #1.jpgRecord...jpgRecord Player #3.jpgRecord...jpgRecord Player #4.jpgRecord...jpgRecord Player #5.jpgRecord...jpg

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

This is a German Blaupunkt radio and record player console in their Chicago Model. This actually is done in what is referred to as an 'Eames' era design which dates to the late 1950s - early 1960s.

In fine working condition these sell for $400 - $500 on today's auction market.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Phone call session started