Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I need a certified appraiser for the donation of antique…

Customer Question
I need a certified...

I need a certified appraiser for the donation of antique dental equipment to the dental school in Nebraska

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I need a certified appraiser for antique dental equipment donated to the Dental school in Nebraska

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The eqipment is in Lincoln Nebraska and he or she must be certified for IRS

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/27/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 4 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

The qualification you are seeking is USPAP compliant.

As a member of the ISA, or International Society of Appraiser, I do handle USPAP compliant donation appraisals that satisfy the IRS requirements, however I am located in the Northeastern US.

You will need someone to inspect what you have in person and you will really want to work with an accredited appraiser who is a member of one of 3 appraiser associations. To find one in your area, you will go to each of the 3 sites and enter your location into their 'find an appraiser' directories. From there, you will contact each qualified appraiser who fcomes up in your area and they will relay to you their fees for service.

Here are the links for you to each of the groups:

ISA, International Society of Appraisers: https://www.isa-appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser

ASA, American Society of Appraisers: http://www.appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser

AAA, Appraiser's Association of American: http://www.appraisersassociation.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.ViewPage&PageID=741

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora