Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Value and year on Chinese cabinet

Value and year on Chinese cabinet
3/27/2018
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions

Greetings, my name is ***** ***** I'd be delighted to assist you in ascertaining a date and value for this cabinet. Give me a few moments to review your images, research recent values and assess condition and I'll be right back with your answer. If there's anything else you'd like to know about this piece, let me know.

Shall I assume that it is roughly 3' x 2' x 1'?

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Thank you, I'm on it.....

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

You have a late 19th century, inlaid display cabinet with a tufted silk back and bronze mounts. You mentioned Chinese in your original request but this is more of a French Louis XV style which was originally popular in the early to mid 18th century.

This is a very attractive piece but the condition issues such as the wood staining and missing inlay will affect the value. In better condition, I'd expect this piece to sell at auction in the range of $750USD to $800USD but with the damage, I expect this would decrease to the $250 to $300 range. If you are planning to sell it, once the exterior is wiped down you may want to give it a light wax or orange oil to bring out the natural grain of the wood. It's an attractive piece in a very functional size and I think the right buyer will be willing to pay a little more if the piece has a light cleaning.

If you have any follow-up questions, do let me know as I always strive for 5-star service. If you are satisfied, please take a moment to rate my service using the 'Stars'. Thank you for taking the time to submit this piece to JustAnswer and allow me to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Erin-Marie

Thank you good job

You are quite welcome, my specialties also include fine art, ceramics and glass, feel free to request me anytime.

Cheers,

Erin-Marie

When you have a free moment, would you mind rating my service via the 'Stars' as it is how JustAnswer accounts for my assistance? Thank you and please let me know if I may further assist you.

Cheers,

Erin-Marie

Erin-Marie Wallace

Thank you very much, I am quite appreciative of the 5-star rating.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie