Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a dresser and a cedar hope chest and I know that they…

I have a dresser...

I have a dresser and a cedar hope chest and I know that they are pretty old that I have used for years and now downsizing and want to sell but I have no idea what the value would be I am trying to get an idea if I put them in an antique shop for consignment. Any help would be appreciated

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I’m not sure is it possible to send a pic of what I have to get a ball park idea of what I might be asking for the pieces I am no longer going to be using

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a picture of what I have any thoughts?
601FD269-4BF2-4615-B535...jpeg601FD2...jpeg0FFB34FE-C56F-4FD7-A670...jpeg0FFB34...jpeg3B05F92F-1BEC-4C67-9782...jpeg3B05F9...jpegE0AE1FA3-41C1-4848-AE29...jpegE0AE1F...jpeg

I got the photos of the dresser. Please also add pictures of the hope chest so I can answer

all at once for you.

Ok just a minute
Sorry I duplicated dresser didn’t realize till I went back to look at what I sent

Does the hope chest have a Lane label inside?

1) This is a birdseye maple Empire style bedroom dresser with mirror from circa 1910

and has a value of $600.

2) This is an Ed Roos cedar chest form the 1940's having a value of $225 to $300 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Well Rarewares (only name I saw) you were efficient and I feel as you are also reliable and I want to thank you very and may your day be blessed. I will be taking your advice.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.

Rarewares