Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a full collection of "Bird of Paradise" dishware and…

I have a full...

I have a full collection of "Bird of Paradise" dishware and flatware, how do I liquidate this collection and what is the value of this collection. All are in perfect condition.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

These dishes were collected by my wife (deceased) some were from her grandmothers collection and the remainder acquired over 35 years of searching. It is a beautiful set and I do not have a clue what to do with them.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I have Bird of Paradise flatware also and they have been kept in a corner cabinet away from light and usage

3/27/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I don't have pictures of the dishware, it is possible to get them but it would be several days from now. Is it not possible to get an estimate of the value and where could I liquidate this collection?

Of course I can help without pictures.

Let me know what the bottom of one piece reads so that I know the maker.

Also let me know what the spine of one fork reads so I know the maker and age of the flatware.

Many companies made Bird of Paradise patterns, so I just need to know what company made these sets. Thanks!

The bottom of one of the plates is marked Theodore Haviland France, Limoge Paradise
I do not have access to the flatware at this time

A set of Paradise pattern by Theodore Haviland Limoges

has a value of $50 per place setting (5-pieces) and $15 to $35 per serving piece.

Flatware would be valued at $1750 for a STERLING service for 12 plus some serving pieces.

If they are not marked STERLING or 925 on the back, then the set would be silver plated and would have a value of $175 for a service for 12 plus serving pieces.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Does this mean the 16 place setting of Paradise is only worth $800. Some of the dishes (soup terrines and cream soup dishes are worth several hundred dollars just by themselves. $800 for 16 place settings seems very low priced

The place settings would total $800, yes. The soup tureens would be valued at $225 each since they are the more unique pieces. The bouillon cups and saucers are valued at $15 per set.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

I have over 100 pieces of various size and shapes, salt and pepper, tea cups, coffee cups, decanters etc How can this set be set as such an inexpensive price

Like I mentioned earlier, you must add for these pieces in addition to the

per place setting prices. $35 for salt and pepper, $20 per tea cups set, $30 per coffee cups set, decanters $45 each.

Rarewares
Thank you for all your info