Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have some silver flatware from grandmother and 2 moms. The…

Customer Question
I have some silver...

I have some silver flatware from grandmother and 2 moms. The patterns are Sharon from Wallingford, Sprintime by 1847 Rogers Bros., Remembrance by 1847 Rogers Bros., and Fascination by Wm. Rogers.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a full set of the Springtime and it is in a case. The Fascination is also in a case, but I don't think it is a whole set

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I can't think of anything else.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/27/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

These are all silver plated flatware and not sterling silver.

1) Wallace silver plate in the Sharon/Wallingford pattern from 1926 is valued at $80 to $125

for a service for 8 to 12 plus serving pieces.

2) 1847 Rogers Brothers/International Silver Co in the Springtime pattern from 1957 to 1967 is valued at

$175 for a full set in case.

3) 1847 Rogers Brothers in the Remembrance pattern from 1948+ has a value of $200 for a full set

4) WM Rogers silver plate set in Fascination pattern from 1936+ has a value of $80 to $125 for a partial set

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.