Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

WHAT IS THE VALUE of Frost medal presented to him by

Customer Question
WHAT IS THE VALUE...

WHAT IS THE VALUE of Robert Frost medal presented to him by President Kennedy for his award of congressional tribute of poetry.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I would like to know the value of this metal

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

This was presented to Robert Frost by President Kennedy as a congressional honor as for his work as a poet and on the back of the Metal is the poem he composed for this ceremonial event. It is a beautiful gold metal 3 inches in diameter. One side has his picture on it the other side

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/27/2018
Antique Expert: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 3 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question! You likely have a bronze medal made by the U.S. Mint after the gold medal that was presented in 1960. These can often look like gold at first glance. These sell - in original boxes - for $30 to $50, see: https://www.ebay.com/i/261710375836?chn=ps&dispItem=1 since the original is in a museum.

Again, thank you! Let me know if I can be of further help and please rate my professionalism using the 5-star system.

Hello! Following-up because I saw you reviewed the answer I prepared for you but you elected not to rate it. Is there any additional information that I can provide?

Rating using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional.

Again, thank you!