Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Would like an estimate on carved chair with front leg

Would like an estimate...

Would like an estimate on carved wood chair with front leg wheels, original fabric. Can send photo.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Dark wood, cherry color or mahogany wood

3/27/2018
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question! I'll be happy to help.

Could you attach a picture using the paperclip function (or attach photo?)

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

I'll be back online this evening to review and thanks!

Thanks! The photos did not attach previously.

After reviewing the photos you submitted, the chair is likely of modest value and is not a fine antique. The upholstery in the back (staples) and the application of carved elements (rather than the carving being of a solid piece of wood) indicates that it may be late Victorian and reupholstered, or perhaps more modern. The value for a brown chair like this as a useful household object is $100 to $150.

Again, thank you! Let me know if I can be of further help and please rate my professionalism using the 5-star system.

Hello! Following-up because I saw you reviewed the answer I prepared for you but you elected not to rate it. Is there any additional information that I can provide?

Rating using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional.

Again, thank you!

ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser