Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a beautiful Cornelius fur coat, my mother's from the…

Customer Question
HelloPearl, Expert's Assistant: I...

HelloPearl,

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a beautiful Cornelius fur coat, my mother's from the late 30s. It is in perfect condition and I would like to know its value for insurance purposes.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Tony.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/27/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

A 1930's Cornelius Furs of Sydney fur coat in full-length mink with silk lining in good condition is valued at

$3000AUD insurance.

A 1930's Cornelius Furs of Sydney fur coat in 3/4 length mink with silk lining in good condition is valued at

$1500AUD insurance.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Gumtree.com, Traderoo.com, Quicksales.com, OZtion.com, ALLBIDS.com, BidMate.com, kitschplease.com or Ebay.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the 5 stars. Bonuses are also welcome!
If you need more help, the question thread will stay open so that we can still talk about this item even after you have left a rating. I am happy to reassess if your item is a shrug or a different type of fur or has certain condition issues.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.