Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We inherited a very old war oil painting and was wondering…

Customer Question
We inherited a very...

We inherited a very old war oil painting and was wondering who it is by and what it is. The picture says Bessie'res on bottom. My dad thinks its the Charge of the Light Brigade

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The frame is ext

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The frame appears very old and beat up. A lot of detail to the frame. The print doesnt have any backing to it if that makes sence

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/26/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 5 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Just a follow up to see if you will be able to add photos?