Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/26/2018
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is Diana

.

The shape of the bowl definitely looks like Fostoria. It looks like one of their centerpiece bowls. As for the pattern, I'm not sure, but I'll be glad to see if I can find it.

~Diana

That would be great! Also what the resale value would be in my antique shop in Tyler Tx. Please

Sure thing. =)

Hi. It's definitely a Fostoria piece. I searched through a few of the other companies that were producing pieces like this just to make sure I wasn't missing something. Fostoria wasn't really one of the companies that sold their molds to other companies and I found this

.

https://imgur.com/a/IE3uI

.

That looks like the blank of your piece. It's called a 3 footed centerpiece bowl and Fostoria used it across quite a few patterns and colors. Your pattern is an etched floral pattern. Fostoria was one of the companies known for making slight variations and changing names and mixing and matching various parts of patterns with different blanks. tThat's why you'll often see the same pattern listed with different etch #'s. It's because they made slight tweaks the design but kept it as the same name. As a result there are a ton of patterns that are unidentified and plenty that are misidentified. I think your pattern is their Acanthus or at least a close variation of it. It would have been made during the 1930s.

.

Blue is a bit of a more uncommon color in these pieces. You'll find pink or clear much more easily.

.

It looks to be in excellent condition. Given that, your bowl is going to be worth about $100 to $125.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great evening.

~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. Thank you for the positive rating and the bonus. I really appreciate it. If there's anything else I can do please let me know.

Best Wishes,

Diana