Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm looking for information on an Austrian stein, MZ. This…

Customer Question
I'm looking for information...

I'm looking for information on an Austrian stein, MZ mark.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

This was brought back from WWII by my husband's father. My gut feeling is that this is something that was produced for the tourist trade but would like to know if it has any value.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I saw an identical one on Ebay (identical in size/shape but different pattern) for $49. I believe it also had the mark of Durand or something like that.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/26/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Prox 7 1/4" tall. Photo too large.

If you crop the picture the smallest bit then save, it will reduce it enough to allow you to add.

I'll have to work on this and try again later.