Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a bowl by Crown Royal pattern A1556x. I cannot find…

I have a bowl by...
I have a bowl by Crown Royal pattern A1556x. I cannot find this pattern anywhere, and am afraid this might be a fake. Also, if it's real, what is it's worth, as I would like to sell it.
3/26/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Working on it. Seems to be stuck on my phone.

You can add them at your convenience.

Here are a few different options for sending pictures. The availability of each feature depends on which browser
(Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) you are using and whether you are on a desktop or a phone.

1) Use the +Add Files feature next to the red SEND button on in the area where you write back to me
to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.

2) Use the paperclip icon above the texting area where you reply.
The photos will upload when you add at least one word in the text box.
You won't see the photo, but the paperclip will turn green.

3) You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.

The website has bogged down my phone. Working on it

Awesome, thank you. Give me a bit to research and write an answer. It will show here in writing when I do, which should be in a bit.

Great, thanks. I've spent hours searching for this pattern, and cannot verify it.

They didn't name all of their patterns but I'll get to it.

This is an art deco console bowl with rounded edge and hexagonal base, designed by Charlotte Rhead, an artist that worked for (several potteries) AG Richardson, Ltd of Tunstall, England trading under the name of Crown Ducal Pottery. This particular mark was used from 1936 to 1961. This bowl was made from 1936 to about 1938. The bottom marked A1556x is the pattern and tube artist, the A representing Adams, the man that did the tube lining enamel on the outside. The 1556 is the shape and the x means it was a factory second that did not pass quality control for some reason. There was not a pattern name in this case. The bowl is valued at $40 to $60 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares

Thank you for the good feedback.

If you would like to use me for any future questions,

put ForCustomer/strong> as the first words in your next new question.