Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an Indian Vase inherited from my Aunt years ago. Is…

Customer Question
I have an Indian...

I have an Indian Vase inherited from my Aunt years ago. Is this valuable or should I just give it to Goodwill?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I can attach a picture. My Wealthy Aunt lived in southern CA for 50 years--like from the 1930's until she moved back to In in 1980's. She gave me many beautiful items but this "vase" was among the things she collected that were signed. I gave it to my son until he gave it back.. I have had it in the trash but just thought maybe. The item seems to be useless to me.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Yes, can I send a picture on this email?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 3 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.
Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the messsage area.
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

If you can send a picture of this I can help you with it.

Glenda