Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Prayer Ladies large 6.5" and smalls 4.5" all representing…

Customer Question
Prayer Ladies large 6.5"...

Prayer Ladies large 6.5" and smalls 4.5" all representing kitchen positions

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

^These are Japanese presumable prior to WW2. Excelant colors and paint work. Each has a prayer inscribed.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Label on each says "Imports Enesco Japan

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/26/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Enesco was established in 1958 as an importer of Japanese giftwares and collectibles.

These prayer ladies were created in a few different colors and shapes in the late 1950's through 1970's;

all having a Kitchen Prayer on them. (see photo). These are valued in the range of $15 to $25

for most pieces. I have rarely seen one piece go over $25.

The value of this vase in good condition is $150 to $170 resale.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

edit: the vase sentence is not part of this quote.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.