Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique oak fire place mantel. It is full size

Customer Question

I have an antique oak fire place mantel. It is full size approximately six foot tall and 4 to 5 foot wide.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: If you could see the oak fire place I know that would make a difference. I also have 100 wooden year old cherry rocker.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: What is the cost of having an appraiser come to my home and see what I have and give me a fair value of these antiques?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Antiques Appraiser's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: Would the appeaser take them to sell or what?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
May I send you pic's of the antiques?

Here are a few different options for sending pictures. The availability of each feature depends on which browser
(Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) you are using and whether you are on a desktop or a phone.

1) Use the +Add Files feature next to the red SEND button on in the area where you write back to me
to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.

2) Use the paperclip icon above the texting area where you reply.
The photos will upload when you add at least one word in the text box.
You won't see the photo, but the paperclip will turn green.

3) You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was trying to send you pictures, but my computer would not let me download them from my cell phone. Call me when you can.

I do not participate in the phone service but other Experts will see that request.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We changed our minds in using your services. Therefore, please cancel our agreement.
Thank you